I like to think of a cybernetic meadow
«… where mammals and computers live together in mutually programming harmony like pure water touching clear sky.»
terra0 is an evolving prototype built on the Ethereum network that aims to provide automated ecosystem resilience frameworks. Via instantiating a Decentralised Autonomous Organisation atop areas of land to manage them, terra0 aims to create technologically-augmented ecosystems that are more resilient, and able to act within a predetermined set of rules in the economic sphere as agents in their own right.
It has been exhibited at the 17th International Architecture Exhibition — La Biennale di Venezia, Ars Electronica, Biennale de Lyon, Drugo More, Furtherfield Gallery, Schinkel Pavillon, transmediale and Vienna Biennale, among others.
I like to think of a cybernetic forest
«… filled with pines and electronics where deer stroll peacefully past computers as if they were flowers with spinning blossoms.»
- terra0 white paper (2016)
- Can an augmented forest own and utilise itself?
- Flowertokens (2018)
- An experimental project centered around the tokenization and verification of natural commodities, and an early attempt at creating a combined crypto-collectible physical asset in 2018.
- Premna Daemon (2018)
- Project about an augmented Premna Microphylla, originally developed for the Proof of Work exhibition at Berlin’s Schinkel Pavillon.
- Two Degrees (2021)
- A NFT that burns "itself" when the average global temperature reaches 2°C above average.
- Selected press:
- Artists Re:Thinking the Blockchain (terra0 – Can an Augmented Forest Own and Utilize Itself?)
- Bot Club – Het Nieuwe Instituut
- Deloitte Art & Finance Report (Blockchain as a creative tool)
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Forbes 2018
- Forbes 2017
- Left Gallery
- MoneyLab Reader 2 (BitchCoin and terra0 – Tokenization as an Art Form)
- Reallife Mag
- Süddeutsche Zeitung
- The New Serenity — Sorry Press
- The Quietus
- We Make Money Not Art
- The press kit with image material and exhibition views can be found here.
I like to think of a cybernetic ecology
«… where we are free of our labors and joined back to nature, returned to our mammal brothers and sisters, and all watched over by machines of loving grace.»
We are a group of developers, theorists, and researchers exploring the creation of hybrid ecosystems in the technosphere.
Driven by a keen interest in remote sensing, machine learning, and distributed ledger technology, we develop tools for the management of natural ecosystems and resources via the creation of meshes of interacting decentralized autonomous organisations.
We believe that these key technologies give us the opportunity to rethink existing and ineffective governance and regulatory structures and that they will play a crucial role in creating a sustainable, resilient, and biodiverse future.
Right now, please! It has to be!*
- Paul Seidler
- Max Hampshire
- Paul Kolling
- Andi Rueckel
- Web Development
- Gregor Finger
- Web Development
- Johannes Wilke
- Visual Design
*Excerpts from 'All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace' by Richard Brautigan.